1. How does it work?
Natural Forming Salt has the following properties:
- Mucolytic effects: loosens excessive mucus and speeds up mucociliary transport
- Removes pathogen agents (airborne pollen)
- Reduces IgE level (immune system oversensitivity)
Specific to Halo Salt Lounge, we use Himalayan salt lamps and cover the floor in Pure Red Himalayan Salt to generate negative ions, which help to counterbalance the influx of positive ions from the many electronic devices we use every day. This improves your overall mental and emotional health, helping you to relax and de-stress.
2. What should I expect to experience in a Halo Session?
Negative ions counterbalance the many positive ions we pick up from electronic devices like cell phones, tablets, etc. Neutralizing the atmosphere in this way stabilizes mood, decreases stress and prepares the body for ultimate healing.
A Halo session last 45 minutes and requires no more than lying back in a comfortable zero gravity chair, with pillows, with a mat, and breathing deeply. Micro particles of the salts are dispersed naturally while you relax, read, listen to music, sleep or meditate.
We provide soft, relaxing music for you to listen to during the session however, you do have the option to plug in your own device during the session. When the session begins, we strongly recommend closing your eyes and taking slow deep breaths. A disposable essential oils infused cloth can be provide at the begining of the session only
* If you suffer from claustrophobia, you may experience discomfort but the ability to see your surroundings, helps keep this to a minimum.
3. What type of clothing should I wear the Halo Salt Lounge?
Comfortable clothing is recommended for the lounge. You may change into clothing that exposes areas of skin you would like the salt to reach (shorts, sleeveless shirts, skirts, etc). We recommend wearing a bathing suit to expose the skin you want treated. We do not allow nudity .
4. What are the side effects?
Since salt is 100% natural and drug-free, there are no negative side effects. After sessions, you may experience a slight cough, minor tightness in the chest, or runny nose, but this is simply the salt doing its work to remove mucus and toxins from the lungs and airways. Salt does not carry bacteria. it removes water from bacteria. Bacteria cannot survive without water. In addition, salt disrupts the cell membrane of bacterium.
5. What other benefits will I receive during my Halo session?
- Reduce the need for inhalers and antibiotics
- Make your breathing easier after just a few sessions
- Improve lung function
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs
- Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Strengthen your immune system
- Prolong remission times
6. Is the Halo Session safe for children?
Yes. It is a completely drug-free treatment for children and adults. Children as young as 3 months have benefitted greatly and respond quickly and effectively to Halotherapy. Children are more prone to respiratory problems because they pick up more viruses and their lungs are not fully developed until about the age of 9. In addition, the environment is filled with pollutants which children have a harder time keeping at bay.
7. Is salt therapy safe for pregnant women?
Yes. A Halo Session is a great choice for women who do not want to rely heavily on over-the-counter or prescribed medication for sinusitis, asthma, allergies, and other respiratory illnesses. Pregnant women who have come to Halo Salt Lounge will have experienced relief for their congestion and chronic respiratory problems. In addition, the ionized salt particles help boost their immune system. We provide pregnancy pillows for visitors who desire to lay on the salt floor.
8. Should I stop using my medication during my Halo Sessions?
No. The Halo Session should be used as a complementary treatment. In contrast, people who come to Halo Salt Lounge will often find that they can reduce their dependence on certain medications and that their episodes are not as frequent or severe. However, you should always follow your doctor’s advice and your prescribed medication regimen.